Student Distribution and Checkout
Here are Will C. Wood's plans for student distribution and checkout on Friday, June 12th.
Will C. Wood Students and Families,
I hope you are all keeping safe and well. I would like to share with you Will C. Wood’s plans for student distribution and checkout on Friday June 12th. We will be using a drive thru model to return textbooks, music instruments, and uniforms; as well as picking up any student belongings from PE lockers. During this time we will also distribute 8th grade promotion certificates, awards, and yearbooks. I assure you that every appropriate precaution will be taken to follow the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Sacramento County Public Health (SCPH), and School Insurance Authority (SIA) recommendations, as well as the Governor’s Executive Order, so that we do this safely. All staff will be wearing recommended cloth face coverings, gloves, and will have used the CDC Self-Checker guide to certify that they are without Coronavirus symptoms.
Our plan is to allow students to come pick-up their PE belongings, 8th grade promotion certificates, yearbooks, and awards, and return textbooks, library books, uniforms, and music instruments. We will be using a drive-thru model and ask that parents and students stay in their vehicle, while staff collect and distribute items to families. To help us service families quicker, we ask you to follow the schedule below, based on last names.
|8th Graders (Last Name)||7th Graders (Last Name)|
Please arrive at your assigned time to minimize wait times.
Walk-ups will be 2:00pm-3:00pm.
Please drive through the main parking and remain in your vehicle.
● Locker Items: Your PE locker / personal locker materials will be removed from your locker by staff, bagged and labeled with your name on it and stored in a secure location until distribution day.
● Textbooks/Library Books: Have all of your textbooks and library books ready to turn in. Please remain in your vehicle staff will collect the textbooks and library books from you through your car window.
● Chromebooks: Only students who are disenrolling from our district need to return their Chromebooks. Staff will collect the Chromebook from you through your car window. Once again, this is only for students who are disenrolling from the district. All other students will be allowed to maintain possession of your Chromebook for the summer.
● Yearbooks: If you purchased a yearbook, have your student ID and receipt available (if you have it). Staff will take your student ID to the table and obtain your yearbook for you. If you wish to purchase a yearbook please notify a staff member.
● Awards: Have your student ID available. Staff will take your student ID to the table and obtain your awards for you. Please remain in your vehicle at all times to ensure safety.
If you are planning to walk, we will be strictly applying physical distancing guidelines and you are encouraged to wear a cloth face covering in order to keep everyone safe and healthy, which means waiting at least six feet away from the person in front of you. When you get to the blacktop at the back of the school, you will be called up to the table and return your textbooks, novels and Chromebook (students who are disenrolling). Please have your school ID ready if you purchased a yearbook.
We are also offering a makeup day on Tuesday, June 16th
between 9:00-11:00, should you be unable to attend your time slot.
Please bring patience and positivity with you, as these will help ensure the distributions go smoothly. I will resend this message on June 11th as a reminder. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 287-3225 with any questions.
Have a great week!
Tuan Duong, Principal