Summer Matters at SCUSD
June 30, 2022 - July 29, 2022 from 8:00AM - 2:30PM
Summer Matters @ SCUSD-Middle is an exciting 21 day program that gives incoming 7th and 8th grade students the opportunity to become agents of change in their school communities by completing student-led projects that incorporate both research and action through a human design thinking model
- An exciting 21 day program.
- Targets incoming 7th and incoming 8th grade students.
- Students engage in helping out their community through service learning opportunities that address community issues and concerns.
- Students engage in project based learning.
- Smaller students to staff ratio.
- Focus on Relationships: Safe space to build mutual relationships with fellow students and adults. Enrichment activities will provide opportunities of collaboration, thus building trusting relationships among peers. Staff will focus on community agreements in order to address discipline issues.
- Connecting with Families and Communities: Parent education workshops and regular check-ins with parents/guardians.
- All students will be provided with a daily breakfast and lunch as a part of the program.
- Students can enroll at any Summer Matters@SCUSD-Middle site.
- Applicants are responsible for their own transportation to and from the program.
Application Deadline: Friday, June 10th
Parents will be notified between June 16th – June 24th.
Parent orientation will be June 27th – 29th.
Participating Middle School Sites are:
Albert Einstein Middle School
9325 Mirandy Dr.
Sacramento, CA 95826
Sam Brannan Middle School
5301 Elmer Way
Sacramento, CA 95822
California Middle School
1600 Vallejo Way
Sacramento, CA 95818
Will C. Wood Middle School
6201 Lemon Hill Ave
Sacramento, CA 95824
Fern Bacon Middle School
4140 Cuny Ave
Sacramento, CA 95823